Trans Students and University Housing

Transgender students hoping to live on campus may have unique concerns. The UNT Pride Alliance and the Department of Housing and Residence Life work together to assist in the housing of Transgender Students. To gather pertinent information related to meeting your on-campus housing assignment needs, please complete the following webform below.


While we will ask you to indicate preferences regarding on-campus housing, please be aware that this survey is not an application for housing and hall, room, and roommate options are dependent on availability at the time you apply for housing. Based on submission of your responses, you should expect staff from Housing and Residence Life and the Pride Alliance to be in contact to assist you further.

A complete housing application will be necessary to finalize the housing assignment process. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to use the gender marker on my birth certificate or legal ID in my housing application? 

No, you can select Male or Female on your housing application based on what's most comfortable, and unless you complete the Trans Housing Request Form, you will be matched with roommates who also selected Male or Female.

Can I change my name within UNT Housing?

Yes! When you log into, you can edit your name in your profile. When your RA makes you a nametag for your door, they will use your name listed in the ehousing system. You can also update your name at other UNT locations. Learn more about updating your campus at Names at UNT.